- Location: Theur Rd, Theur, Maharashtra 412110
- Festivals: Ganesh Chaturthi, For Other Festival Detail Click here
- Main Deity: Lord Ganesha For Other Deity Detail Click here
- Languages: English, Marathi & Hindi
- Darshan Timings: 05:00 AM to 10:00 PM (No one can enter this temple between 10 PM to 5 AM)
- Best Season To Visit: July To November
- Contact Number: +912892234080
- How To Reach
Chintamani Ganpati Temple is in Theur in Haveli Taluka. The Temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and among the eight Ashtavinayak Temples in Maharashtra. The Temple has specially designated sections for meditation. The main mandap consists of wood with a stone fountain at its center.
Morya Gosavi, a staunch devotee of Lord Ganesh. His descendants built the main temple structure.
Following a century, Madhavrao Peshwa raised the Sabhamandap of the temple. Several years prior to the Shikhar, the temple was blessed in gold. As Peshwas went to these areas often, the 2 5 metal bell bought from Europe was one kept in Mahad and another one was kept here.
After the death of Madhav Rao Peshwa, his wife performed Sati, the stunning garden in the temple was made in her memory.
It is said that Emperor Aurangzeb had provided numerous grants to this temple. These days the organization of this temple is managed by Chinchwad Temple Trust.
The significance of Chintamani Ganapati Temple is that Lord Chintamani is the God who brings peace in mind. The idol of Lord Chintamani faces east. The Lord’s eyes are precious gems. The Mahadwar or the main gate of the temple is north-facing, and a road links it to the river Mula Muth.
There are various little temples inside the temple complex like the Mahadeva temple. There is furthermore a Vishnu-Lakshmi temple and a Hanuman temple. While doing the temple Parikrama, those temples can be similarly seen. Since the legend of Chintamani occurred under a Kadamba tree, for that reason, the town of Theur has another name- Kadambapur.
Lord Chintamani is the family deity of Shree Madhwarao Peshwa. Shree Madhwarao spent his last days at the temple and breathed his last while chanting the Lord’s name. Saint Morya Gosavi did extreme penance at Theur. Satisfied with his penance, Lord Ganesh emerged from the close-by river Mula Muthas 2 tigers and gave the saint with Siddhi.
It is believed that Kapila Muni obtained this gem through worshipping Lord Shiva at Talaiaalankaadu near Thanjavur in Tamilnadu. Legends believe that he walked on his head to reach the Temple
- The temple was construct in around 18th Century CE throughout the Peshwa rule and has vibrant architectural design.
It is represented as one of the biggest and considerably well-known of the Ashtavinayak temples. The temple’s entryway located toward the North is reasonably smaller sized. The main icon of Chintamani Ganpati faces East. The temple has a wooden Sabha-mandapa which was constructed by Madhavrao.The lobby of the temple furthermore has a black stone drinking water fountain in it.
- There are a lot of smaller hallowed shrines in the temple complex. Behind the temple is the Peshwa Wada also considered as the Peshwa Palace. Once it was the living plan of Madhavrao. Today the everyday activities of the temple are communicated from this area.
- While there is no definite date of the origin of these locations of worship, the present temple was constructed during the Peshwa guideline in the eighteenth century CE.
Ganesha as Chintamani
Bhadrapad: Lord Ganesh’s birth celebrations known as Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayak Chaturthi is a key festival in the state of Maharashtra.
Magh: The Dwaryatra festival held during Magh Shudh, the Chintamani Ganpati Temple is bustling with arrangements.
Rama-Madhav Punyotsav: A fair is organized in the month of Karthik by the temple as part of the Rama-Madhav Punnyotsav. This commemorates the death anniversary of the temple patrons Madhavrao and his wife Ramabai.
- Bhima Gada
- Buddhisth Stupa
- Morgaon Ganpati Temple
- Siddhatek Ganpati Temple
- Ballaleshwar Pali Ganpati Temple
- Mahad Ganpati Temple
- Chintamani Ganpati Temple
- Lenyadri Girijatmaj Ganpati Temple
- Ozar Ganpati Temple
- Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple
How to Reach
- By Air: The nearby Airport is at Pune, which connects to all main Indian cities. Lohegaon Airport or Pune Airport is a universal air terminal, found 15 km away from Pune downtown area.
- By Train: The nearby Railway Station to Theur is in Pune. The Pune station connects to main Indian cities.
- By Road: Theur is nearly 25 km from Pune. many state-run buses operate from Pune and Mumbai to Theur.
|Morning Timing||Evening Timing|
|6:00 AM to 1:00 PM||2:00 PM to 10:00 PM|
Aarti, Bhog and Pooja Timing
Chinchwad Deosthana is Provided Mahaprasada for all the devotees from 12 A.M. to 2 P.M.