- Location: Mahaganpati Mandir, Ranjangaon, Wai, Pune, Maharashtra 412209
- Festivals: Ganesh Chaturthi For Other Festival Details Click here
- Main Deity: Lord Ganesha For Other Deity Details Click here
- Languages: English & Hindi
- Darshan Timings: 05:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Best Season To Visit: July To November
- Photography: Allowed but not Free
- Contact Number: +912138243200
- How To Reach
Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple is located in Ranjangaon, Shirur Taluka. It is dedicated to Lord Ganesh and is one of the eight Ashtavinayak Temples. Lord Ganesh is Mahaganapati since he is powerful and has many arms.
According to history, the temple was integrated into the middle of the ninth and tenth centuries. The temple is built to the point that sunbeams fall straightforwardly on Shree Ganesha’s idol. Considering that this temple was on its way to war, Shreemant Madhavrao Peshwa utilized to stop there to have Mahaganapati’s darshan.
Madhavrao Peshwa made a room in the stone cellar in the temple to keep the icon of Lord Ganesh. He additionally constructed a stone sanctum around this Swayambhu or self-radiated idol. In 1790 A.D. he offered an inherited right to do pooja of Mahaganapati to Shri Anyaba Dev.
The temple hall was constructed by Sardar Kibe and Owaris which are small apartments confining the wall of the temple were constructed by Sardar Pawar and Shinde. Well-known hermit Morya Gosavi provided an icon made from 5 metals to Shri Anyaba Dev. This sign is taken out in parades on joyful days.
Nagarkhana is located over the passageway entrance gate. This Nagarkhana was inaugurated by Maharashtra’s respected Chief Minister Shri Manohar Joshi on 3rd May 1997. The temple confronting the east has a wonderful and enormous passageway gate. Icons of 2 doorkeepers particularly Jay & Vijay are available near the door.
The significance of Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple is that it has been built in a method that the Sun’s rays fall on the idol during the southern motion of the sun. Lord Managanapati sits on a lotus. His consorts Riddhi-Siddhi accompany him. The Mahaganapati idol at Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple a Swayambu.
Lord Mahaganapati is extremely powerful. The villagers of Ranjangaon do not bring the Ganesha idols into their houses throughout Ganesh Chaturthi. Rather, they visit the temple and offer their prayers
Lord Shiva wished to Lord Ganesh at this place before beating the devil Tripurasur.
The special style and Hindu Style of Architecture can be observed in the Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple. An east-bound temple, it is successfully acknowledged as an outcome of its enormous passageway, which has statues of the doorkeepers Jay and Vijay.
A novel part of the temple is that it is organized in such a way, that during ‘Dakshinayan’ and ‘Uttarayan,’ the sunbeams fall legitimately on the divinity. Magnificent is the sanctum, which was established by Thorale Madhavrao Peshwa. The sign of Lord Ganesha has an outstandingly large brow, 10 trunks, twenty arms, and even more, flanked by the statues of Riddhi and Siddhi.
Lord Managanapati sits on a lotus. His consorts Riddhi-Siddhi accompany him.
List Of Ashtavinayaka Temples
- Morgaon Ganpati Temple
- Siddhatek Ganpati Temple
- Ballaleshwar Pali Ganpati Temple
- Mahad Ganpati Temple
- Chintamani Ganpati Temple
- Lenyadri Girijatmaj Ganpati Temple
- Ozar Ganpati Temple
- Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple
- Bhadrapad: There is a special 6-day festival in the month of Bhadrapad, during which Mahabhog is offered to the temple deity on the fifth day.
- Ganesh Jayanti: Another festival that draws devotees from all across India is Ganesh Jayanti. It is another popular occasion that celebrates the birthday of Ganesha on the fourth day of the Hindu month of Magha.
- Magh: The Magh Utsav is an important festival at the Ranjangaon Temple. Here, the celebrations are held from Magh Shudh 1 to Magh Shudh 6 (January – February).
- Holi: The colorful festival of Holi is in the month of Phalgun (February/March), on Phalgun Shudh Poornima.
- Shravan: Janmashtami or Krishna Ashtami, Lord Krishna’s birthday is celebrated here with a Dahi Handi during Shravan ( July- August).
- Shivneri Fort and Temple
How to Reach
- By Air: The nearest airport Baramati Airport is 21 kilometers, Hadapsar Airport is 43.4 km, and Pune Airport is 50 kilometers away from Shree Mahaganapati Temple in Ranjangaon.
- By Train: The nearby Railway Station to Ashtavinayaka Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple is Uruli railway station and it is located just 16 Km away from Ranjangaon.
- By Road: Ranjangaon is nearly 50 km from Pune. There are frequent state transport service buses available from Pune Shivaji Nagar bus stand as well as hire taxi or cab from any area of the city to reach Ranjangaon Ganpati Temple.
|05:00 AM to 10:00 PM|
Aarti, Bhog and Pooja Timing
|Arti, Pooja, and Bhog||Timing|
|Abhishek Puja Timings||05:30 AM|
|Samudaik Aarti Timings||07:30 AM|
|Mahapuja,Mahanaivadya Timings||11:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Samudaik Evening Aarti Timings||07:30 PM|
|Shej Aarti Timings||10:30 PM|