Maya Devi temple Haridwar is a Hindu temple of the goddess Maya Devi in the holy city of Haridwar of Uttrakhand state in India. It is also known as one of the 51 shakti Peeth. It is believed that the heart and navel of the goddess Sati fell in the region where the temple stands today.
Goddess Maya is the Adhisthatri deity of Haridwar city. It is believed she is the incarnation of shakti. In ancient times Haridwar is known as the Mayapuri because of this temple.
You may also like:-
History of Maya Devi Temple
Maya Devi temple was build in the 11th century. It is one of the three ancient temples of Haridwar. you can reach this temple by auto-rickshaws and buses from har ki Pauri. This temple must be visited for the devotees going to Haridwar. The temple is visited by many devotees from various parts of the country.
The deity in Maya Devi Temple
Maya Devi is a three-headed and four-armed deity. At the center of the temple goddesses, Maya murtis are placed in the center, kali on the left side, and on the right side, Kamakhya murtis are there. There are also two temples Narayana-Shila and Bhairava Temple in Temple Campus.
How To Reach
- By Air: Jolly Grant Dehardun Airport is the nearest Airport to Haridwar situated at a distance of 37 km. Taxis are easily available from Jolly Grant Airport.
- By Train: The nearest railway station 4.3 Kms Haridwar Railway station. Haridwar is well connected by railway networks with major destinations of India.
- By Road: This Temple 4 Km away from Haridwar. So, It is very to reach Maya Devi Temple.
Maya Devi Temple Haridwar Darshan Timing
|Morning Timing||Evening Timing|
|6:00 AM to 12:00 PM||4:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
Other Temple in Haridwar
- Mansa Devi Temple
- Chandi Devi Temple
- Har Ki Pauri Ganga Temple
- Daksh Mahadev Temple
- Bharat Mata Temple
- Maya Devi Temple
- Neeleshwar Temple
- Jain Temple
- Saptrishi Ashram
- Vaishno Devi Temple
- Gaurishankar Mahadev Temple
- Mahamrityunjaya Temple
- Bilvkeshwar Mahadev Temple
- Pawan Dham Temple
- Doodhadhari Barfani Temple
- Anjana Devi Temple
- Sati Kund Temple
- Siddhpeeth Shri Dakshin Kali Mandir