- Location: Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, near Birla Temple, Tilak Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302006
- Festivals: Ganesh Chaturthi For Other Festival Details Click here
- Main Deity: Ganesha For Other Deity Details Click here
- Languages: Hindi, Gujarati & Rajasthani
- Darshan Timings: 05:00 AM to 09:00 PM
- Best Season To Visit: All Season (You can visit from 4:30 PM to 9:15 PM which suits you.)
- How To Reach
Moti Dungri is a Hindu temple complex dedicated to Lord Ganesha in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It was constructed under the supervision of Seth Jai Ram Paliwal. The temple is a popular tourist attraction in the city.
The Moti Dungri temple is situated at the bottom of the Moti Dungri hill as well as the fort of Moti Dungri in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The icon of the god Ganesha established in the temple is said to be more than five hundred years old and also was brought here in 1761 by Seth Jai Ram Pallival who was accompanying Maharaja Madho Singh I, from Udaipur. It was brought to Udaipur from Gujarat. The temple was built under Pallival’s supervision.
The trunk of the sindoor-colored Ganesha icon is rightwards. Devotees offer laddu sweets, at least, 1.25 lakh devotees pay respect to Ganesha every year. A fair is organized every Wednesday in the temple complex.
There is a lingam (icon of the god Shiva) in the Moti Dungri Fort complex, which opens to visitors once a year on Mahashivratri, the festival of Shiva. The Birla Mandir temple devoted to the deities Lakshmi Narayan is situated south of Ganesha temple.
This temple is one of the largest Ganesh Temples in Jaipur. Thousands of devotees visit the temple daily. You can locate a mini-market alongside the Temple. But every Wednesday small fair takes place in which many visitors offer their prey to Lord Ganesh. You can witness a huge religious procession on the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi. Newly married couples and their family members come here to complete their traditional journey; to offer prayer for their well-being.
The layout and structure of Moti Dungri are built in the Nagara design and are based on the model of a Scottish castle. There are three entrance gates as well as a few steps at the front. It was constructed using limestone and also marble and construction work was completed in 4 months.
The idol of Lord Ganesha being the prime reason for fascination is the center of attraction for the visitors. A fair is organized every Wednesday.
- Ganesh Chaturthi,
- Krishna Janmashtami,
- Annakut and Paush Bada.
- Galtaji Temple
- Akshardham Temple
- Jagat Shiromani Temple (Timings: Sunrise to sunset(Vaishali Nagar, Chitrakoot))
- Garh Ganesh Temple (Timings: 5 AM-8 PM)
- Govind Dev Ji Temple (Timings: 5 AM-9 PM(Brahampuri))
How to Reach
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jaipur International Airport
- By Train: The Nearest Railway Station is Gandhi Nagar.
- By Road: 6 Kms from Jaipur
|05:00 AM to 09:00 PM|
Aarti, Bhog and Pooja Timing
|Arti & Puja||Time|
|Mangala Aarti||05:00 AM|
|Shringar Aarti||11:00 AM|
|Special Puja at||11:25 AM|
|Bhog Aarti||01:00 PM|
|Evening Aarti||06:40 PM|
|Shayan Aarti||09:00 PM|