- Location:Main Chhatarpur Rd,Block A1,Dr Ambedkar Colony, Chhatarpur, New Delhi, 110074
- Festivals: Navratra For Other Festival Detail Click here
- Main Deity: Katyayani (Durga) For Other Deity Detail Click here
- Languages: Hindi & English
- Darshan Timings: 05:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Best Season To Visit: Navaratri
- Contact Number: +911126802360
- How To Reach
Chhatarpur Temple is located in a downtown area south of Delhi – Chhatarpur, India. This temple is devoted to Goddess Katyayani. The entire complex of the temple is spread over a wide area of 70 acres. It is located on the southwestern outskirts of the city of Delhi and It is just 4 km (2.5 mi) from Qutub Minar, off Mehrauli-Gurgaon road.
The story of this Shaktipeeth is woven inextricably around the life of its Founder the great Saint Shree Durga- Charan-Anuragi Baba Sant Nagpal, who was so complete of humbleness that in his lifetime he did not allow his disciples to glorify his name in any way. ‘Baba’ (to his devotees) was born in Karnataka on the advantageous full-moon day of the Holi celebration in 1981 of Vikram Samvat (representing Tuesday the 10th March). He lost his parents at a very tender age. It was at the time of cremation of his mother that an unidentified woman took the grieving kid to the nearby Temple of Mother Goddess and informed him that SHE was the real universal Mother who would always stay with him.
Ever since that time, the Divine Mother offered him shelter in her own lap. On his part also, it has been an unquestioned devotion and total surrender to the Divine Mother in thought, word, and deed. For Baba, She was a living reality with whom he remained in communication and never did anything without seeking Her permission and blessings.
This incarnation has the following story as the background. There was a Rishi called Katyayan who worshipped Durga Devi and asked her for a boon that she be born as his daughter. Devi satisfied the desire of the Rishi and was born as his daughter. In this Avtaar, she eliminated Mahishasur, the devil.
Devotion to her makes a man free from all worries and It gives him wealth, the satisfaction of desires, and finally moksha or liberation from the endless cycles of birth and death.
The whole temple complex spread over 60 acres (24.3 ha), has more than 20 big and little temples divided into 3 various complexes. The main deity in the temple is Goddess Katyayani, a part of Navadurga, the 9 forms of Hindu goddess Durga or Shakti, worshipped during the Navratri festivities.
A side shrine within the main temple houses a temple of Goddess Katyayani (Durga), which opens only during the bi-annual Navratri season when countless people throng the premises for darshan. One close-by area has been made as a living room with chairs and tables made in silver, and another is considered as the Shayan Kaksha (Bed Room), where a bed, dressing table, and table are sculpted in silver. This shrine opens on a big Satsang or prayer hall, where spiritual discourses and bhajans, (spiritual songs) are held. Simply at the entrance to the main temple, stand an old tree, where devotees tie holy threads for desire satisfaction. Another shrine of Goddess Durga is open to devotees from early morning to evening, it lies above the shrines devoted to Radha Krishna, and Lord Ganesh.
The Idol is represented as golden complexioned and carrying numerous weapons in her hands for the destruction of evil.
- Navratra Celebrations- lakhs of people throng the elevating precincts of the Shaktipeeth each day.)
- Krishna Janmashtami
- Guru Purnima
- Akshardham Temple
- Sai Baba Temple
- Iskon Temple
- Laxminarayan Temple
How to Reach
- By Air: The nearest Airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport
- By Train: Major Railway Stations near Chattarpur Mandir H NIZAMUDDIN,DELHI CANTT and NEW DELHI are nearest to Temple
- By Road:Chattarpur Temple has situated 1 km from Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road, in South Delhi and is about 4-5 km away from the famous monument Qutub Minar. One can reach this marvelous temple easily by bus, taxi, or metro, the nearest metro station is Chattarpur Metro station which is about 1 km away from the temple area.
|Morning to Evening||06:00 AM to 10:00 PM|
Aarti, Bhog and Pooja Timing
|Morning||06:30 AM to 07:00 AM|
|Evening||07:00 PM to 07:30 PM|