- Location: E-96/A, 3rd Avenue, Besant Nagar, Chennai 600090
- Festivals: Sankatahara Chathurthi For Other Festival Details: Click here
- Main Deity: Sri Ganesha For Other Deity Details: Click here
- Languages: Marathi, Hindi & English
- Darshan Timings: 06:00 AM to 07:00 PM
- Best Season To Visit: All
- Contact Number: +914424464062
- How To Reach
Varasiddhi Vinayakar Temple also called Varasiddhi Vallabha Mahaganapati Temple, is at Besant Nagar, Chennai, India. The temple is a famous Hindu temple, located near the beach at Besant Nagar. It is dedicated to the Hindu, elephant god Ganesha or Vinayaka.
The Kumbabhishekam of the temple was in April 1979 after its expansion. Prior to this, the idol of the Lord was worshipped in another site located opposite the present premises inside the CPWD Quarters compound. The temple partakes in several social welfare activities such as providing food for the poor and also frequently organizing poojas.
The temple developed rapidly with the construction of an auditorium at the back of the Praharam located on the eastern side. Musical programs are conducted by the temple administration in the auditorium during the celebrations like Vinayaka Chathurthi. The auditorium is also rented out to other organizations for musical and cultural programs.
The Varasiddhi Vallabha Mahaganapati Temple is dedicated to Sri Ganesha as Varasiddhi Vallabha Mahaganapati. Ganapati Homam is done here on a regular basis. The sanctum sanctorum of the temple houses the idol of Valampuri Varasiddhi Vinayakar along with his consort Siddhi on his left side. Another miniature idol of Ganesha that was originally worshiped is installed above the present main idol.
- ARULMIGU PARTHASARATHYSWAMY TEMPLE
- ARULMIGU KAPALEESWARAR TEMPLE
- ARULMIGU THIYAGARAJASWAMY TEMPLE
- ARULMIGU MAHALAKSHMI TEMPLE/SRI ASHTALAKSHMI TEMPLE
- ARULMIGU MUNDAGAKANNI AMMAN TEMPLE
- ARULMIGU MARUNDEESWARAR TEMPLE
How to Reach
- By Air: One can easily get regular flights to Chennai from other major cities of the country.
- By Train: There are regular trains from other major cities of the country to Chennai.
- By Road: Chennai is well connected to other major cities of the country via regular buses.
|06:00 AM to 07:00 PM|
Aarti, Pooja Timing
|Viswaroopa Dharshanam||06.00 A.M|
|Manthra Pushpam And Archanas||08.30 A.M|
|Evening Manthra Pushpam||07.00 P.M|
|Raghu Kala Pooja For Ambal||Tuesdays|
|Special Archana To Navagrahas||Saturdays|