SASB suspends registration of Amarnath yatra due to COVID-19
Registration Start from 1st March 2021 till the Time Time Yatra Ends.
Step-By-Step Procedure for Registration of Shri Amarnath Yatra 2021 through Designated Branches of Banks
- The Registration of Yatris commences is begin on 1st March 2021 from 440 branches of the Punjab National Bank, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank, and the YES Bank across the country.
- One Yatra Permit is valid for Registering only one Yatri.
- Each Registration Branch has been allotted a fixed per day/ per route quota for Registering the Yatris.
- From each route, 7500 pilgrims can visit for Yatra. In total, 15,000 pilgrims are allowed in a day inclusive of trekking and helicopter.
- The age requirement for Registration is 13 years to 75 years and no lady with more than six week’s pregnancy shall be registered for the Yatra.
- Every Yatri has to submit Application Form along with a Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC)(To Download Compulsory Health Certificate Click Here) to obtain Yatra Permit for the Yatra.
- The Application Form and CHC may be made available free of cost to the Applicant Yatri by the Registration Branch.
- To apply for the Yatra Permit, the Applicant-Yatri will submit the following documents to the Registration Officer: Filled-in prescribed Application Form and Prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) issued on or after the specified date by the Authorized Doctor/ Medical Institution. Four passport-sized photographs ( three for Yatra Permits and one for the Application form).
- The Registration Officer checks the following: whether the Application Form has been correctly filled-in and signed by the Applicant-Yatri; whether the CHC has been issued by the Authorized Doctor/ Medical Institution; whether the CHC has been issued on or after the specified date. The Registration Official shall issue Yatra Permits bearing BALTAL for Baltal Route and PAHALGAM for the Pahalgam route. For each day and route, the Registration Officer issues Yatra Permits as per color coding for last year given below:
Day Color of Yatra Permit for Pahalgam Route Color of Yatra Permit for Baltal Route Monday Lavender COLOR Lemon Chiffon COLOR Tuesday Pink Lace COLOR Blue COLOR Wednesday Beige COLOR Honeydew COLOR Thursday Peach COLOR Lavender COLOR Friday Lemon Chiffon COLOR Pink Lace COLOR Saturday Blue COLOR Beige COLOR Sunday Honeydew COLOR Peach COLOR
- The specific day on which a pilgrim is registered to undertake the Yatra (i.e., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) is printed on the Yatra Permit. The day printed on the Yatra Permit is the day on which the Yatri will be allowed to cross the Access Control Gates at Baltal and Chandanwari (Pahalgam).
- The Bank Branch has to ensure that the date for which the Yatra Permit is issued for crossing the Access Control Gates matches with the day (i.e., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) is printed on the Yatra Permit before issuing the Permit to the Yatri.
- In the Yatra Permit Forms, the Yatra year and date of Yatra are pre-printed. Therefore, it is mandatory for the issuing Bank Branch to stamp/write the Yatra year and date of Shri Amarnath Yatra and paste the date and year with transparent tape (pasting of transparent tape is important in order to make the date and year of Yatra tamper-proof). However, the stamping of the date, year and Bank branch shall be done only at the time of issuance of the Yatra Permit. In no case, should any Yatra Permit be stamped in advance. This aspect is ensured positively.
- If the Application Form and CHC are in order, the Registration Officer shall issue a YP to the applicant against a payment (last year its was Rs 50/-) per Yatra Permit (of the aforesaid amount Rs.35/- was remitted in SASB’s( Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board ) account and the remaining amount shall be retained by the Bank), after following the steps mentioned in paras 15-17.
- The Registration Officer shall affix passport size photographs and fill in the Yatra Permit Form on the spot as per the details mentioned in the Application Form and the CHC. The date of the Yatra is also filled incorrectly.
- The Registration Officer shall sign the Yatra Permit and apply the Bank Branch Seal on the Yatra Permit in such a way that the Seal is partly imprinted on the photograph of the applicant-Yatri and partly on the YP. However, the stamping of the date, year, and Bank branch shall be done only at the time of issuance of the Yatra Permit. In no case, should any Yatra Permit be stamped in advance. This aspect is ensured positively.
- Before issuing the Yatra Permit to the applicant-Yatri, the Registration Officer shall record the following particulars: Date of issue of Yatra Permit. The Serial Number of Yatra Permit. Name, address and telephone/ mobile number of the applicant-Yatri. Name of next-of-kin of applicant-Yatri, to be contacted in case of any emergency. Route of pilgrimage. Date of embarking on the Yatra from Baltal/ Pahalgam.
- The Nodal Officer/ Nodal Bank Branch will consolidate the total number of Yatra Permits issued (Bank Branch-wise and State- wise) during the day and convey to the SASB the status of the same, date-wise and route-wise, by 8 p.m. every day. This requirement needs to be complied with and e-mailed to SASB( Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board ) without fail every day.
- Once the registration process is over, the Registration Branch shall forward to the CEO, SASB, all the Application Forms and CHCs against which YPs have been issued.
- All the unused (blank) Yatra Permit Forms will be returned by the individual branches to the Nodal Officer by Registered Post once the Registration Process is finally over. The Nodal Officer shall in turn forward the same to the CEO, SASB, by hand.
- The Registering Branch may register the Yatris after the normal banking hours.
Amarnath Yatra Registrations are also Known as Permits, Passes. Yathra Authority doesn’t give any VIP Pass to General Pilgrims.
Note: If any Travel or Tour Agency tells about VIP Pass, then they are making fool of you. Getting Permission for Holy Journey is very Easy.
Official Contact Information for Amarnath Yatra
For Permits, Procedure and Amarnath Yatra 2021 Registration Contact Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board
HelpLine Contact No.: +91-194-2313146, 2313147 (May to October)
For Helicopter Booking: +91-194-2313146
HelpLine Contact No.: +91-191-2555662, 2503399 (November to April)
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org