- Location: Maha shakti Peeth, Maa Vindhya vasini dhaam, Vindhyachal, Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh, India, 231307.
- Festivals: Navratri, Kajali For Other Festival Detail Click here
- Main Deity: Vindhyavasini Devi
- Languages: English & Hindi
- Darshan Timings: 4:00 AM to 5:00 PM || 9:30 AM to 10:30 PM
- Best Season To Visit: March To October
- Contact Number: +919650411118
- How To Reach
Vindhyavasini temple is located at Vindhyachal. It is 8 km away from Mirzapur on the banks of river Ganges, in Uttar Pradesh. Vindhyavasini is the name of a benevolent aspect of Devi Amba or Durga.
The temple is among the most adored Shakti Peethas of India. The Vindhyavasini Devi is also known widely by name of Kajala Devi. Goddess Kali is beautified in the form of Vindhyavasini Devi.
The deity gets her name from Vindhya Range and the name Vindhyavasini, basically indicates, she lives in Vindhya. As it is strongly believed that the Shaktipeeths were created in the world, where the body parts of Sati fell. Vindhayachal is the place and a Shaktipeeth, where the Devi had selected to live after her birth. At the time of the birth of Krishna as the 8th Child of Devaki-Vasudeva, Maha-Yogini Mahamaya has taken birth at exact same time at Nanda-Yashoda and according to the guideline from God Vishnu, Vasudev had changed Krishna with this little girl kid of Yashoda. When Kansa attempted to eliminate this little girl kid she escaped from the hand of Kansa and developed into Devi form and informed him that Oh!! You fool!! The one who will eliminate you is actually born and safe and disappeared from the jail of Mathura. Afterward, she selects the Vindhyachal mountains to live, where her temple is located at present.
Devotees visit this temple to seek fulfillment of the following:-
- Trouble-free marriage life
- Removal of physical ailments
- Freedom from economic Problems
- Fearless disposition
The 3 temples on the 3 edges of Vindhyachal, viz., Vindhyavasini, Kali Khoh and Ashtabhuja temple are regionally considered as “Trikon” (triangle) and pilgrimage is accomplished just after visiting all of them which is considered as “Trikon Parikrama” (circumambulation of the spiritual triangle). According to Indian belief, the triangle trip generates whole great luck to the pilgrims. There is also an arrangement of taking a holy dip, in the Kali Kund during this trip. The Parikrama is believed over after visiting the pond of saint Karngiri.
Navratri Mela on both the Navratries, Kajali Festival.The spiritual trinity is worshipped here as Ma Laxmi, Ma Kali and Ma Saraswati.’Kajali’ the local folk music is devoted to Ma Vindhyavasini. All Kajali vocalists from north India come here to enjoy Kajali Mahotsava (Festival). A lot of people come here to seek true blessings from the goddess of power. Tantriks also visit this place for Tantra Sadhana (Meditation).
- Budeh Nath Temple
- Sita Kund
- Narad Ghat
- Motiya Talab
- Ekdant Ganesh
- Matsyendra Kund
- Ashtabhuja Temple
- Kali Khoh
- Gerua Talab
- Lal Bhairav and Kal Bhairav Temples
- Sakshi Gopal Temple
- Sapta Sarovar
- Bhairav Kund
How to Reach
- By Air: The nearby Airport is Varanasi and it is around 78 kms from Vindhyachal. There are many domestic flights Avilable from Varanasi to other main airports. Daily flights are available to and from Delhi, Agra and Khajuraho.
- By Train: Vindhyachal has its own railway station on Manikpur – Mughal Sarai line. Although a small railway station many trains stop here. Otherwise, one can easily come from Mirzapur railway station in twenty minutes.
- By Road: Vindhyachal is 8 kms away from Mirzapur. It is a large city In Uttar Pradesh. It is also well connected to road.
|Morning Timing||Evening Timing|
|4:00 AM to 5:00 PM||9:30 AM to 10:30 PM|
Aarti, Bhog and Pooja Timing
During Navratras the temple is closed only for four hours and remains open to devotees for the remaining 20 hours.
|morning||3:00 am to 4:00 am||Mangla Aarti|
|afternoon||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm||Bhog Aarti|
|evening||7:15 pm to 8:15 pm||Chotti Aarti|
|night||9:30 pm to 10:30 pm||Badi Aarti|
During Navratri Festival Temple is open from 4:00 AM TO 12 AM. Maa Vindhyavasini Temple opens at 4:00 am in the early morning. Instantly after opening, ‘Mangla Aarti’ is completed and devotees are permitted to get true blessings from Devi Mata from 5:00 am. The temple is once again closed at 12 Noon for ‘Bhog Aarti’ and is re-opens at 1:30 pm. The temple is once again closed for ‘Chotti Aarti’ at 7:15 pm and re-opened at 8:15 pm. At 9:30 pm the temple is closed for ‘Badi Aarti’ and opened once again for devotees at 10:30 pm.