Mangal Chandika Shakti Peeth is located in the Ujani village of Guskara in the Bardhaman district of West Bengal state. Mangal Chandika Shakti Peeth is considered among the 51 Shakti Peethas, famous in Hinduism. Guskara railway station is about 16 kilometers from the temple.
The chief legend of Ambika relates to the creation of the Shakti Peethas. Sati, the daughter of Prajapati Daksha, was married to the god Shiva despite his wishes. Daksha arranged a great yajna but did not invite Sati and Shiva. Uninvited, Sati reached the yajna site, where Daksha ignored Sati as well as Shiva.
Sati was not able to withstand this insult. So, Devi Sati gave her life by jumping into the fire of Havan organized by her father King Daksh. When Lord Shiva was running around the planet carrying her body Lord Vishnu divided the body into 51 parts utilizing his Sudarshan chakra. Out of those 51 parts, from which the ‘Right wrist’ of Sati fell to this place. The idol of maa Sati is called ‘Shri Mangal Chandi’ and the lord Shiva is worshipped as ‘Kapilambar’.
Mangal Chandika Shakti Peeth is considered among the 51 Shakti Peethas.
The recently painted yellow-colored easy edifice of the Ujani Shakti Peeth does not illustrate any unique architectural ornamentation. The temple courtyard is greatly enhanced with attractive trees that have grown there and are protected for ages.
Inside the Garbha Griha, two idols of the deities are consecrated. One is of Devi Mangal Chandi and the other is of Lord Shiva.
- March – Mahashivratri
- October – Durga Puja, Navratri
- November – Kalipuja/Diwali
- Kalyaneshwari Temple
- Biharinath Hill
- Deul Park.Bonkati.Burdwan
- Vedgarbha Shaktipeeth Shri Kankaleshwari Kali Temple
- Attahas, Katwa
- Sarbamangala Temple
- Sri Devananda Gaudiya Math
- Chand Kazi’s Samadhi
- Biharinath Temple
How to Reach
- By Air: Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport (IDR) at Indore is the nearby airport to Ujjain and it is 55 km away.
- By Train: Ujjain railway station is a main junction of the Western railway zone.
- By Road: Ujjain is well connected by road so Regular bus services are available from Indore (55 km), Gwalior (450 km), Ahmedabad (400 km), and Bhopal (183 km) to Ujjain. Air-conditioned buses are available on these routes.
|24 Hours open|