- Location: Ashok Rajpath, Bans Ghat, Buddha Colony, Patna, Bihar 800001, India
- Festivals: Shitla Puja For more Festival Detail Click here
- Main Deity: Shitala Mata For Other Detail Click here
- Languages: English & Hindi
- Darshan Timings: 06.00 AM To 08.00 PM
- Best Season To Visit: All
- How To Reach
Shitla Mata Mandir or Shitla Devi Mandir is located in Patna City. Shitla Mata Temple is located at the Main market near Tower Chowk, Deoghar. The Temple is located at short distance south-west of Gulzarbagh station. It is just one kilometer far from the archaeological ruins of Kumhrar Park. This is a place for worship of Mata Durga also known as Shakti Peeth of Maa Durga. Devotees come here and sit for hours on its premises.
The site once included several ancient and middle ages sculptures. Of these, at least one was that of the Yaksha of the Mauryan art affiliation. But the statues have no existing record currently.
It is commonly revered and worshiped for the cures for smallpox for satisfying all sorts of desires. It is believed that incurable diseases are treated if one worships here with heart.
It houses the image of Shitala Devi and the Pindas of the ‘Saptamatrikas’ (the seven mother forms). The temple has less height however idols are ancient.
Every year in the month of Chaitra (April), the Shitla Puja celebration takes place with an excellent ceremony and show.
Temples near Shitala Mata Mandir
- Mahavir Mandir
- Patan Devi
- Pataliputra Teerth
- ISKCON Temple
How to Reach
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport at a distance of 5 km from the temple.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is Patna Junction at a distance of 1 km from the temple.
- By Road: The place where the temple is situated is positioned on the outskirt of the city, near to Mahatma Gandhi Setu. It is easily reachable by private cabs or autos.
|06.00 AM To 8.00 PM|