Prabhas Shakti Peeth is located near Veraval of Junagarh, Gujarat. It is the place where Sati’s Udara (Stomach) fell. Since Devi Sati is worshipped as Maa Chandrabhaga, the Prabhas Shakti Peeth is also known as Chandrabhaga Devi Shakti Peeth. At present, this Shaktipeeth is located near the eastern part of the Ram temple of Somnath Trust and also near Harihar Van. The road towards the temple goes from the left entrance of the Shri Ram temple. There is a huge lack of information on this Shaktipeeth in the Somnath region.
The chief legend of Prayag relates to the creation of the Shakti Peethas. Sati, the daughter of Prajapati Daksha, was married to the god Shiva despite his wishes. Daksha arranged a great yajna but did not invite Sati and Shiva. Uninvited, Sati reached the Yajna site, where Daksha ignored Sati as well as Shiva.
Sati was not able to withstand this insult. So, Devi Sati gave her life by jumping into the fire of Havan organized by her father King Daksh. When Lord Shiva was running around the planet carrying her body Lord Vishnu divided the body into 51 parts utilizing his Sudarshan chakra. Out of those 51 parts, from which the ‘Stomach’ of Sati fell to this place. Here the idol of Devi Sati is worshipped as Maa Chandrabhaga (the moon goddess) and Lord Shiva as Vakratunda (one with the curved body).
It is believed that once you visit this temple, married life leads to a joyful life. This is the reason that the newly married couple begins their happy life here only after getting the blessings of Goddess Amba Mata.
- The celebration of Shivratri is enjoyed with huge devotion and interest. Fairs are also arranged to celebrate the festival with lightning and joy.
- Navratri is a well-known celebration that is celebrated all over India. The shine and spark of the celebration in Chandrabhaga Shakti Peeth, Gujarat is fantastic. Devotees have fun with the dance of Garba and Dandiya. Even people practice fast on these 9 days of Navratri and do not consume food that is derived from the soil.
- Nagpanchami is also enjoyed here with full energy, devotion, and faith.
Another place near Prabhas Shakti Peeth
- Uparkot Fort
- Majevadi Gate
- Damodar Kund
- Willingdon Dam
- Girnar Mountain
- Mahabat Maqbara
- Darbar Hall Museum
- Vanraj Theme Water Park
- Bhavnath Mahadev Temple
- Sakkarbaug Zoological Garden
- Junagadh Museum Sardar Baug
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Aksharvadi
- Girnar Taleti
How to Reach
- By Air: The nearby Airport is Diu Airport and it is about 84 km from the temple.
- By Train: Somnath is the nearby Railway Station and it is about 1.2 km from the temple.
- By Road: There are many private bus services that run from different cities to Junagarh.
|6:00 AM To 8:00 PM