- Location: Main Road, Kanipakam, Andhra Pradesh 517131
- Festivals: Ganesh Chaturthi For Other Festival Detail Click here
- Main Deity: Vinayaka For Other Deity Detail Click here
- Languages: Marathi, Hindi & English
- Darshan Timings : 07:00 AM to 09:00 PM
- Best Season To Visit: All Season
- How To Reach
Vinayaka Temple or Sri Varasidhi Vinayaka Swamy Temple is a Hindu temple of Ganesha. It is located at Kanipakam in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, India.
The temple was constructed in the early 11th century CE by the Chola king Kulothunga Chola I and was expanded further in 1336 by the Emperors of the Vijayanagara dynasty.
According to legend, there were three brothers who were mute, deaf as well as blind. They were digging a well to fetch water for their area. The tool they were using fell into the well hitting hard objects. When they dug further, blood started to gush out of the well and the three removed their disabilities. The villagers rushed to the place and also found the deity of Ganesha. Villagers dug additionally, but they were not able to locate the base of the deity. The deity beings in the well which is always full of water.
Vinayaka is the main deity of the temple. According to legend, it is believed that the deity is Svayambhu(Self-manifested). The deity is seen in the well, full of water always.
The temple is under the control of the Endowments Department of Andhra Pradesh which will select a trust board of 15 members to administer the temple.
Annual Brahmotsavams will be celebrated for 21 days starting from Vinayaka Chavithi day. The processional deity of Vinayaka will be taken in a procession on different Vahanams on these days amidst a large number of pilgrims across the country.
- Sri Manikanteswara Swamy Devasthanam(Shivalayam)
- Sri VaradaRajaSwamy Devasthanam
How to Reach
- By Air: Direct flights to Tirupati are available from Hyderabad and Chennai only.
- By Train or by Road : There are no direct train ins available for Chittoor But There are trains that travel via Katpadi or tirupati, but do not touch Chittoor. In such cases, Katpadi (just 35km from Chittoor) or Tirupati (70 km from Chittoor), are convenient points to alight. From Katpadi/Tirupati, you can reach Chittoor by train or bus.
|07:00 AM to 09:00 PM|