- Location:Sansthan Shreedev Ganpatipule, Ganpatipule Tal. Dist. Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
- Festivals: Ganesh Chaturthi For Other Festival Detail Click here
- Main Deity: Ganesh Idol
- Languages: Marathi & Hindi
- Darshan Timings : 05:00 AM to 09:00 PM
- Best Season To Visit: all
- Contact Number: +918669931141
- How To Reach
Ganpatipule Temple of Lord Ganesha has the self-manifest (Swayambhu) shrine of Lord Ganesh. Ganpatipule Temple is Located in Sansthan Shreedev Ganpatipule, Ganpatipule Tal. Dist. Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, This temple is unique because the idol of Ganpati faces in the west direction.
Ganapatipule is around 375 km. south of Mumbai, along the Konkan Coast. It is a small town with about 100 houses, and also its beach is a tourist destination. The temple of Swayambhu (self-originated) Ganesh is frequented by thousands every year. The God is considered to be the Paschim Dwarpalak (Western Sentinel God of India), as well as those who visit Ganapatipule make it a point to pay their respects to this deity. Ganapatipule is rich in vegetation, including mangroves and also coconut palms. Ganapatipule is governed by the Ganapatipule Grampanchayat.
Devotees visit this temple to seek fulfillment of the following:-
- Auspicious beginnings of work
- Removal of obstacles
- Renewal of energy
- Agricultural productivity
Ganpatipule temple history tells that an inner chamber of the temple called Garbha Gruha is constructed by Shivaji Maharaj as well as the Sabhamandap which is developed by Madhavrao Peshwe. Temple is located in front of a small hill. Devotees take a Pradakshina around the temple which is also around the hill itself. You can feel the serene & calm environment of the temple along with its surrounding. One can get amazing panoramic pictures of Ganpatipule beach, Malgund, Kotawade, Tivari port, and Varawade from the top of the hill.
- Celebration in Bhadrapad (Bhadrapad shuddha pratipada to panchami.)
- Deepotsav (Festival of Lamps)
- Vasant Puja
- Palanquin Procession of the Lord (On every Sankanshti on Gudhipadwa, Dasara, Deepawali (First Day) Ganesh Chaturthee, Maghi Chaturthee are the specific SEVENTEEN times,)
- Poet Keshavsoot Memorial
- Omkareshwar Temple (about 1 Km far from the Malgund S.T. stand.)
- Jaygad Fort
- Karhateshwar (At the left of the Jaigad fort)
- Shri-Laxmi-Keshav Temple – Kolisare(way from Jaigad to chafe, 8 Km prior to Chafe diversion)
- Shri Uma-Maheshwar Mandir – Hedvi (This temple came into existence at the end of 18th century with the financial assistance by Ahilyabai Holkar’s charity.)
- Shrikshetra Parashuram(Lord Parshuram is the 6th incarnation of Lord Shri Vishnu.)
- Thiba Palace (Thiba palace is one of the big attractions in Ratnagiri)
- Lokmanya Tilak Birthplace
- Ratnadurga Fort
- Swatantryaveer Savarkar’ Memorial
How to Reach
- By Air : Ratnagiri Airport, Mumbai Airport and Kolhapur Airport (144 kms) are closest airports to reach Ganpatipule.
- By Train : Sindhudurg station (on Konkan railway) is the convenient railway station to reach Ganpatipule temple.
- By Road : ST or Tourist buses regularly run to Ganpatipule from almost all major cities in Maharashtra Mumbai to Ganpatipule distance is 331 kms (via NH-66) while Pune to Ganpatipule distance is 300 kms (via NH-66).
The Temple opens for Darshan early in the morning at 05:00 AM and Closes at Night at 09:00 PM.
|05:00 AM to 09:00 PM|
Aarti, Bhog and Pooja Timing
|05:00 AM||12:00 PM||07:00 PM|
Direct puja for devotees ( on symbolic images) 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
The Khichadi prasad 12:30 PM to 02:00 PM.